Traffic Signal Management System
Traffic signal hardware is constantly evolving, but the goals of traffic signal management remain constant—ensure progression along arterial roads, and optimize individual signal locations based on current traffic demand.
Optimized timings also reduce fuel consumption and vehicle emissions, resulting in improved air quality. Nationally, comprehensive signal retiming programs have documented benefits of a 7-13% reduction in overall travel times, 15-37% reduction in delays, and a 6-9% fuel savings.
MS2’s web-based Traffic Signal Management System (TSMS) allows users to quickly select any intersection within their system and display a complete range of detailed information including:
- Signal description, ID, and jurisdiction
- Complete signal hardware inventory
- Existing and historical timing plans
- Traffic simulation models
- Photos from every approach
- Intersection geometry
- Full functionality of the Turning Movement Count module