Travel Time & HERE Data
Efficiently manage and analyze all of your travel time data in one central web-based system via a simple web browser. Allow agencies to share data internally or with the public instantaneously. There is no change required on your existing system hardware or software.
User Specified Study Corridors
Users can quickly and easily define and edit study corridors including the desired segmentation for any time period within an agency’s network that has existing travel time data. The system provides the following for each corridor:
- Corridor description and general attributes (speed limit, traffic volume, etc.)
- Corridor control/segmentation points (e.g. intersections)
- Calculated travel time statistics
- Speed profiles and travel time-space trajectories
- Operation and environmental statistics
- Dynamic GIS layers displayed on the Google Maps component illustrating a number of statistics including Average Speed, Travel Time Index (TTI), and Stop Delay
Extensive Reports and Graphs
Several reports, graphs, and GIS layers are readily available to analyze various travel time data at the spot (micro-segment typically about 150 feet in length), segment, corridor, and network levels. Users can also quickly compare data and statistics to previous studies or different locations and time periods. The system is easily customizable to provide additional reports to meet any of your agency’s needs.
The pure economy of scale makes this web-based solution cost effective. We simultaneously provide many different road agencies with IT expertise at a fraction of the cost that would be required for any one of them to provide similar database services in-house. Software and hardware costs add up, as do the cost for incremental system improvements, full upgrade, and 24/7 administration. With MS2, you can share and thereby reduce these and related costs rather than bearing them alone.