MS2 is a national leader in cloud-based software for transportation data management. Our clients include more than 250 government agencies in 29 states.
MS2 is located in the beautiful city of Ann Arbor, Michigan, the home of high-tech industries and the University of Michigan. Residents of the city enjoy beautiful parks, mature neighborhoods, amenities of the Huron River (a state-designated Natural River) and easy access to downtown Detroit or to colorful “Pure Michigan” woods and waterways.
MS2 is a friendly, open, small team working to support our clients' software needs. Employees work on a variety of tasks and are given a high degree of responsibility. We offer a progressive and fast-paced environment for transportation professionals. MS2 offers a competitive compensation and benefit package.
We're building the next generation of Transportation Data Management Systems and we need your help! A professional database administrator (DBA) will keep the database up and running smoothly 24/7. The goal is to provide a seamless flow of information throughout the company, considering both backend data structure and frontend accessibility for end-users.
We're a small team and you'll have an opportunity to make a big impact.
- Build and maintain SQL Server database systems of high availability and quality
- Design and implement database in accordance with software requirements
- Minimize database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
- Provide proactive and reactive database system support
- Provide database training to other engineers
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, computing equipment, and participating in educational opportunities.
- Sets an example for others to follow by considering the business’s and team’s best interests ahead of your own in decision making, taking initiative, being willing to accept additional and, sometimes unpopular, assignments, being punctual and having good attendance, forming positive relationships with other employees and management.
- Proven working experience as an MS SQL Server Database administrator
- Hands-on experience with database standards and end user applications
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL
- Familiarity with database design, documentation and coding
- Previous experience with DBA case tools (frontend/backend) and third party tools
- Problem solving skills and ability to think algorithmically
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- Provide on-call availability in the event of outage (which are rare, and will hopefully become more rare)
- Perform system maintenance outside of regular business hours as needed.
- Experience with .NET (C# preferred)
- Software development or programming experience
- Entity Framework
- Tuning SQL Server
- Unit Testing
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Google Maps or ESRI
- Git / GitHub
- Experience managing Windows Domains or other IT responsibilities
- Familiarity with other database technologies
- Experience managing high availability database systems
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
We promote a strong work/life balance at MS2. We encourage our employees to pursue their professional interests and take ownership of projects from start to finish. You’ll be working with big data and cloud-based solutions using the latest technologies as part of a fun and energetic team. We get along so well, we even have regular nights out and company sponsored dinners to celebrate our successes! It’s a great place to work.
We Want You to Be You at MS2.
At MS2 a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees, whatever their race, gender, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, education, disability, religion, or veteran status, feel valued and respected. We are committed to a nondiscriminatory approach and provide equal opportunity for employment and advancement in all of our departments and programs. We respect and value diverse life experiences and heritages and ensure that all voices are valued and heard.
MS2 is committed to maintaining a welcoming environment with equitable treatment for all, and we strive to:
- Provide a working environment where all employees feel safe, comfortable, and valued.
- See diversity, inclusion, and equity as connected to our mission and critical to ensure the well-being of our staff and the agencies we serve.
- Examine and dismantle any inequities within our policies, systems, programs, and services, and continually update and report our progress to our employees.
- Explore potential underlying, unquestioned assumptions that interfere with inclusiveness.
- Encourage company-wide thinking about how systemic inequities impact our organization’s work, and how best to address that in a way that is consistent with our mission.
- Help to challenge assumptions about what it takes to be a strong leader at our organization, and who is well-positioned to provide leadership.
- Practice and encourage respectful and transparent communication in all interactions.
- Commit time and resources to expand more diverse leadership at all levels of our organization.
- Lead with respect and tolerance. We expect all employees to embrace this notion and to express it in workplace interactions and through everyday practices.
MS2 wants every employee to feel our commitment to showing respect for everyone, and we encourage open communication that enables each person to be their best self.
MS2 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
TO APPLY, SUBMIT YOUR RESUME AND A COVER LETTER THAT MAPS YOUR SKILLS TO THE QUALIFICATIONS LISTED ABOVE.
MS2 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.