MS2 is looking for a Director of Business Development to help us expanding the market share of our innovative software and data analytics for transportation planning and traffic engineering. We are a national leader in cloud-based software for transportation data management. Our clients include more than 250 government agencies in 29 states.
MS2 is located in the beautiful city of Ann Arbor, Michigan, the home of high-tech industries and the University of Michigan. Residents of the city enjoy beautiful parks, mature neighborhoods, amenities of the Huron River (a state-designated Natural River) and easy access to downtown Detroit or to colorful “Pure Michigan” woods and waterways.
MS2 is a friendly, open, small team working to support our client’s software needs. Employees work on a variety of tasks and are given a high degree of responsibility. We offer a progressive and fast-paced environment for transportation professionals. MS2 offers a competitive compensation and benefit package.
Director of Business Development
An MS2 Director of Business Development oversees the development and delivery of a marketing and sales program. It is a leadership position with ownership potential. You must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to relate to clients and staff in a professional, thoughtful, and pleasant manner. You must be able to effectively and professionally represent MS2.
- Work in MS2’s Ann Arbor office with travel required
- Develop and implement MS2’s branding strategy
- Develop and implement marketing strategies - including trade shows, user conferences, digital marketing, and public relations
- Lead the business development team; enable them to meet their goals by providing them with appropriate tools, sales leads, and presentations
- Oversee the RFP reviews and development of proposals to ensure timely submittals
- Participate in direct sales, identify new opportunities while retaining current clients
- Work closely with software development team to define marketing materials and programs
- Manage social media presence and direct programs to improve social media reputation and recognition
- Conduct continuous analysis of market and client needs
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or comparable
- 5+ years of success in business development roles
- Confident, driven and dynamic leader
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to spot original branding opportunities
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Competency in CRMs and social media tools
- Experience selling to government agencies and in software or transportation industry preferred
MS2 is an Equal Opportunity employer. Please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org