MS2 is looking for a Project Manager to help create innovative software and data analytics for transportation planning and traffic engineering. We are a national leader in cloud-based software for transportation data management. Our clients include more than 250 transportation agencies in 28 states.
An MS2 Project Manager is a subject matter expert for GIS, transportation planning, or traffic engineering. The position will be responsible for concurrent projects and is expected to actively work with our clients.
The position is open to professionals with project management experience. The position title and compensation package will be based on the candidate’s experience. Candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to relate to clients and staff in a professional, thoughtful, and pleasant manner. Candidate must be able to effectively and professionally represent MS2 at meetings or other public forums. Being an active member of a professional organization is a plus.
Project Management (60%)
- Work with MS2’s engineers and the clients and be responsible for project deliverables
- Provide ongoing project plan/status reporting for weekly staff meetings
- Make decisions and communicate trade‐offs and risks; drive key decisions across projects
- Schedule and coordinate client web training
- Contribute to ongoing refinement of software development lifecycle processes
- Prepare technical and cost proposals
- Coordinate tasks, milestones and availability of project resources
- Effectively communicate to MS2 engineers ideas for new software modules or ideas for user interface improvement
- Maintain frequent communication with clients
- Effectively communicate to MS2 engineers the client’s data management needs
- Work closely with MS2 engineers to meet project timelines
Business Development (20%)
- Help determine needs and cultivate leads in existing or new markets
- Work with Business Development staff to grow MS2 in new market areas.
- Attend professional conferences to represent MS2.
- Cross‐sell other MS2 products and services to existing clients
Subject Matter Expert (20%)
- Conduct methodology research to help guide new software features or solutions
- Develop solution concepts based on an understanding of the data management needs of our clients
MS2 is located in the beautiful city of Ann Arbor, Michigan, the home of high-tech industries and the University of Michigan. Residents of the city enjoy our beautiful parks, mature neighborhoods, amenities of the Huron River (a state-designated Natural River) and easy access to downtown Detroit or to colorful “Pure Michigan” woods and waterways.
MS2 is a friendly, open, small team working to support our client’s software needs. Employees work on a variety of tasks and are given a high degree of responsibility. We offer a progressive and fast-paced environment for transportation professionals. MS2 offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
MS2 is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
For the position, please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com