MS2 is a national leader in cloud-based software for transportation data management. Our clients include more than 250 government agencies in 29 states.
MS2 is located in the beautiful city of Ann Arbor, Michigan, the home of high-tech industries and the University of Michigan. Residents of the city enjoy beautiful parks, mature neighborhoods, amenities of the Huron River (a state-designated Natural River) and easy access to downtown Detroit or to colorful “Pure Michigan” woods and waterways.
MS2 is a friendly, open, small team working to support our clients' software needs. Employees work on a variety of tasks and are given a high degree of responsibility. We offer a progressive and fast-paced environment for transportation professionals. MS2 offers a competitive compensation and benefit package.
We're building the next generation of Transportation Data Management Systems and we need your help! Our current system has served us well but it's time for an update. We're moving to C#, React, Entity Framework, TypeScript, giving the entire app a facelift while working to improve design, reduce bugs, and improve performance. We need to make these improvements as we continue to support our customers who rely on the system every day.
We're a small team and you'll have an opportunity to make a big impact.
- Execute full software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Develop flowcharts, layouts and documentation to identify requirements and solutions
- Write well-designed, testable code
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
- Deploy programs and evaluate user feedback
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
- Ensure software is updated with latest features
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, computing equipment, and participating in educational opportunities.
- Set an example for others to follow by considering the business’s and team’s best interests ahead of your own in decision making, taking initiative, being willing to accept additional and, sometimes unpopular, assignments, being punctual and having good attendance, forming positive relationships with other employees and management.
- Supports and develops software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications and help manage project priorities and timelines.
- Taking ownership of a core technology or functionality.
- Experience with .NET (C# preferred)
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Software development or programming experience
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- ASP.NET Web Forms, MVC or Core
- Entity Framework
- Tuning SQL Server
- Unit Testing
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Google Maps or ESRI
- Git / GitHub
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
We promote a strong work/life balance at MS2. We encourage our employees to pursue their professional interests and take ownership of projects from start to finish. You’ll be working with big data and cloud-based solutions using the latest technologies as part of a fun and energetic team. We get along so well, we even have regular nights out and company sponsored dinners to celebrate our successes! It’s a great place to work.
We Want You to Be You at MS2.
At MS2 a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees, whatever their race, gender, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, education, disability, religion, or veteran status, feel valued and respected. We are committed to a nondiscriminatory approach and provide equal opportunity for employment and advancement in all of our departments and programs. We respect and value diverse life experiences and heritages and ensure that all voices are valued and heard.
MS2 is committed to maintaining a welcoming environment with equitable treatment for all, and we strive to:
- Provide a working environment where all employees feel safe, comfortable, and valued.
- See diversity, inclusion, and equity as connected to our mission and critical to ensure the well-being of our staff and the agencies we serve.
- Examine and dismantle any inequities within our policies, systems, programs, and services, and continually update and report our progress to our employees.
- Explore potential underlying, unquestioned assumptions that interfere with inclusiveness.
- Encourage company-wide thinking about how systemic inequities impact our organization’s work, and how best to address that in a way that is consistent with our mission.
- Help to challenge assumptions about what it takes to be a strong leader at our organization, and who is well-positioned to provide leadership.
- Practice and encourage respectful and transparent communication in all interactions.
- Commit time and resources to expand more diverse leadership at all levels of our organization.
- Lead with respect and tolerance. We expect all employees to embrace this notion and to express it in workplace interactions and through everyday practices.
MS2 wants every employee to feel our commitment to showing respect for everyone, and we encourage open communication that enables each person to be their best self.
More Job Details
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
MS2 remains committed to the safety of our employees and our visitors. We are all currently working remotely and will not rush into re-opening the office.
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Ann Arbor, MI 48108 (Preferred)
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
- .NET: 5 years (Required)
- Software development: 7 years (Required)
- SQL: 5 years (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
If you’re interested in this position, please email your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MS2 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.