MS2’s Travel Time Database System (TTDS) is a powerful cloud-based software solution that allows traffic engineers and planners to map, manage and analyze vehicle travel time data. The system supports agency efforts regarding congestion management and the effectiveness of measures to mitigate heavily congested roadways. Agencies can share data internally, but can also provide a public facing view.
Through a strategic partnership with HERE, the TTDS accesses historic speed data for calculating statistics like Travel Time Index, Planning Time Index, Average Speed and more. The TTDS also allows state DOTs and MPOs to easily comply with the February 2018 FHWA HPMS Field Manual Supplemental Guidance – Travel Time Metric Data Reporting Requirements and Specifications rules by managing the National Performance Management Research Data Set (NPMRDS) travel time data.
By using the TTDS, agencies can:
- Report NPMRDS data matched to the same HPMS traffic segments tracked by the FHWA
- Compute travel time metrics for all data imported, (HERE network or the National Highway System)
- Define and analyze user specified sets of segments/corridors
An export feature in TTDS allows agencies flexibility to further analyze data and allows state DOTs and MPOs to submit travel time performance measurement statistics to the FHWA with their annual HPMS submittal.
See what makes MS2 an industry leader
Easy analysis and management of congestion on an area-wide or corridor-specific basis, including the effectiveness of mitigation efforts.
A web based solution that allows for easy sharing of data with the public and Agency’s customers.
Reports allow for easy FHWA HPMS submission and exports shareable data with other applications.
Here are some of the many features available
- Unlimited cloud storage
- Database management
- Multiple search options
- Multiple user levels
- Multiple file import options
- Analytical reports
- Customized report options
- QC checks on imported data
- Multiple data export options
- Integrated map layers
- FHWA approved reports (NPMRDS and HPMS)
- HERE partnership provides access to historical speed data
- Travel Time Index and Planned Travel Index comparison charts
- Calculation of delay metrics for individual segments, corridors, areas